Michelangelo sculpted us as we held this pose. Do you like it?
Behind me is the Largest church in the world. St. Peter's cathedral. You can't tell but the part you can see is as big as two football fields. All the dead Popes are mummified inside.
Rome was awesome. When we got to our hotel we asked for directions to the coliseum, and the manager replied by saying "No, first you have wine with me in the garden." The hotel staff was so fun. We saw and learned so much. We sprung the extra bucks for a guided tour of Vatican City - thank goodness. Otherwise we wouldn't have known what anything was. The history was every bit as interesting as it was in Berlin. Now Chance won't quit talking about wanting to see the second season of Rome on HBO :). We happened to be in town for La Notte Bianca, the single greatest party in Rome held once a year. They held concerts at various Plazzas around town, and all public transportation was free all night as were entrance to museums. We did so much walking (mainly because the buses were so packed that you couldn't have fit in them if you tried!) that we decided to do some relaxing this morning and went to the beach about 1 1/2 hrs away. Well, we're now in Florence and the laundry has gotten out of hand, but keep the comments coming. We love hearing from you! Love you all.
Beautiful pictures! I love the mini history lessons, keep them coming!! Continue to be safe!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lisa
I am glad you got chance to fork out more and get the tours. It is worth it I am sure! Glad you guys are having fun and learning about the history! The boys love the picts we get! Keep them coming! We love and miss you guys!!! We can't wait to see you guys in 18 days! We miss our morning calls! Love and miss ya all! Cassi and Boys
ReplyDeleteCar 54, where are you?
ReplyDeleteyeah are you guys alive? haven't heard from you in a while. hello mcfly!
ReplyDeleteHey guys--how's the food in Italy? Thanks for keeping us updated, we check regularly for new pics and info. Glad you are having a good time!
ReplyDeleteOK you decos, Let me tell you something, no wait, I'm going to tell Cassi something first. Ok You little Deco (Cassi) you only haven't heard from them for 3 days and you wonder it they are alive, how about how many freakin days has it been that I haven't heard from you ???? Now send some pictures before I have to come down there and give those boys mama a beating.
ReplyDeleteNow you two......aaaaa be cool : )
I will try this again- everytime I try to post a comment- m computer goes wacky!!! First of all, I LOVE the pictures... it looks like you all are having a great time! Did you do the Amalfi Coast, or did you just do Naples and Pompei?? PLEASE tell me you did the Amalfi Coast- I think that place is a little slice of Heaven! Anyway- y'all email me soon- I'll be sending Addison pictures just as soon as I can! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAli